Edible SA: City Council Clears the Way for Home Gardeners and Urban Farmers
Published in the Feb/Mar issue of Edible SA
Registration is still open for this Saturday's picnic and tour at Bulverde Oaks Nature Preserve! :)
Info & registration here: bit.ly/2nBEdPv
Ticket includes a guided nature tour, picnic, Bulverde Oaks t-shirt, and more goodies! ... See MoreSee Less
2 days ago ·
***Registration now open! Deadline is Monday April 3, 2017 at 5:00pm***
Register at: www.greensatx.org/events/2017-picture-your-world-photography-competition/
Please read entire contest entry rules before entering.
Enter the 2017 "Picture Your World" Youth Nature Photography Contest today for your chance to win cash prizes! Open to all South Texas youth ages 8 to 18 years old.
Professional photographers/artists will judge entries in two age groups: students 8-12, and students 13-18, with 3 winners and 12 honorable mentions from each age group.
First Place: $300 cash
Second Place: $200 cash
Third Place: $100 cash
Examples of subjects are wildlife (birds, mammals, insects, spiders, reptiles, and amphibians), landscapes (rock formations, plant life, and backyard habitat), people enjoying nature, environmental hotspots, art in nature (patterns, textures and close-ups), and diversity in nature.
All contestants will be invited to a reception at the Hardberger Park Urban Ecology Center on May 18th, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. where 30 winners will be announced and given prizes. These thirty photos will be printed, matted, framed, and will hang in an exhibit throughout the summer at REI San Antonio, 11745 Interstate Highway 10 #110, 78230.
Contest Entry Rules:
1. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm, April 3rd, 2017 as jpegs or tiffs. Submissions should be sized approximately 10”x13” at 300 dpi, or a minimum of 6 megapixels set on the camera’s highest resolution. No digitally altered images will be accepted. Images may be slightly cropped with minor adjustments to color, contrast, and brightness. Dates on photos must be removed.
2. Contestants may submit a CD with three original images or e-mail images to firstname.lastname@example.org. A picture of the entrant must be included with the submission.
3. There is a $20 general entry fee, or $10 for annual $50+ donors of Green Spaces Alliance. Institutional rates are available upon request. Please contact Carra Garza for more information: email@example.com
4. Pictures may be of any aspect of nature in Bexar or surrounding counties. Respect for animal habitat must be observed. No photos of domestic, restrained, or caged animals will be accepted.
5. Images will be judged on originality of subject, use of light, exposure, framing, and composition.
By entering the contest, the contestant and his or her parent or guardian affirm that the submitted photos are the original work of the contestant and have not been enhanced through photo programs. They consent to the use of the contestant’s name and likeness in printed materials. Images will remain the property of the photographer, but the contestant grants Green Spaces Alliance permission to use all contest entries as it sees fit. Entries will not be returned.
You are also welcome to download and mail the 2017 competition registration form with payment.
Please call 210.222.8430 ext. 302 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about entry
requirements. We cannot answer questions about individual submissions. ... See MoreSee Less
2 days ago ·