SAN ANTONIO THRIVING
In 2013, our entire educational series is dedicated to helping SA thrive. You can join in as a host, a presenter, a participant, or a volunteer for any of these events.
Learn with us
Green Spaces hosts multiple community gardening workshops each year that provide gardeners with regionally-appropriate gardening techniques as they get hands-on training from local experts.
- Pollinator Series – in 2013, GSA is offering 4 one-hour workshop topics: Spring Vegetable Gardening, Organic Gardening, Fall Vegetable Gardening, and Community Organizing. Learn more and request a presentation.
- Permaculture in Small Spaces – a mini series for many places. Don’t let the big concept of permaculture hold you back from small scale application. Sign-up for one or more of this three-part series. Each Permaculture workshop is $50, or $125 to attend all three. Contact Michelle to learn more.
- Movies – come an hour early for a potluck and a little garden work. Each movie shares details about the various links in our food supply, ways to get outdoors and active, and examples of community coming together for greater good.
- Work(ing)shops/Special Educational Events
- Gardening with Kids: February 21, 2013
- Composting Workshop: April 16, 2013
- Herbs, Outside the Planter Box: July 14, 2013
- Art for Water Conservation: August 24, 2013
- National Food Day Celebration: October 20, 2013
Become a Pollinator
- A-Z Seed Swaps – Seed Swaps will be held twice a year (before spring and fall planting). Bring your seeds and share your recipes. Each Seed Swap also offers mini seed-starting demonstrations.
- Seed Swap: January 24, 2013
- Seed Swap: July 20, 2013
- Mentor Orientation- the first mentor orientation has passed, but please contact Michelle if you’re interested
- Volunteer Training – the first volunteer training training has passed, but volunteers are always welcome. Contact Bruce to learn more, or check out our volunteer page and start getting your hands dirty.
- Speaker’s Bureau – get trained up for GSA and be our voice to the community.
Join the GARDEN FORUM
Become a member of Green Spaces and gain a year’s access to the garden forum- a resource full of inspiration & ideas, from regionally-appropriate techniques & specifications for tried and true structures to offered garden supplies and stories about the boy who learned to love spinach.