FOOD LESS TRAVELED:
Good for You & Good for the Environment
In 2014, our educational series is focused on food less traveled and the benefits of growing, eating, and living locally. You can join in as a host, a presenter, a participant, or a volunteer for any of these events.
Learn with us
Green Spaces hosts multiple community gardening workshops each year that provide gardeners with regionally-appropriate gardening techniques as they get hands-on training from local experts.
- Pollinator Series – in 2014, GSA is offering 4 one-hour workshop topics: Spring Vegetable Gardening, Organic Gardening, Fall Vegetable Gardening, and Community Organizing. Learn more and request a presentation
- Movies – come an hour early for a potluck and a little garden work. Each movie shares details about the various links in our food supply, ways to get outdoors and active, or examples of community coming together for greater good.
- Movie in the Garden: March 22, 2014
- Movie in the Garden/Seed Swap: July 1, 2014
- Movie in the Garden/National Food Day Celebration: October 24, 2014
- Work(ing)shops/Special Educational Events
- Local Produce: February 15, 2014
- Fallow the Garden: June 28, 2014
- Animal Husbandry: CANCELLED
- Garden to Table: From Garden to Pantry to Lunchbox: September 20, 2014
- Garden Economics: CANCELLED
- Water for Food: November 15, 2014
Become a Pollinator
- A-Z Seed Swaps – Seed Swaps will be held at least twice a year (before spring and fall planting). Bring your seeds and share your recipes. Each Seed Swap also offers mini demonstrations.
- Mentor Orientation- please contact Michelle if you’re interested
- Volunteer Training – Volunteers are always welcome. Contact Tia to learn more, or check out our volunteer page and start getting your hands dirty.
- Speaker’s Bureau – get trained up for GSA and be our voice to the community.
Join the GARDEN FORUM
Become a member of Green Spaces and gain a year’s access to the garden forum- a resource full of inspiration & ideas, from regionally-appropriate techniques & specifications for tried and true structures to offered garden supplies and stories about the boy who learned to love spinach.